This week has been the worst so far Thursday I broke down crying I was so depressed I didn't want to be around my kids which has never happen to me ever. My husband is training so he isn't here,I take care of my 15 year old sister plus my 2 kids which are 4 years old and 15 months. I have no financial help from my father who is an alcoholic. I am trying to be real nice about the situation and not take him to court and on top of this managing school. My husband is leaving in September for 8 months I don't know how I am going to make it with out his help. Cleaning, cooking, taking care of my kids plus my sister and school work it's overwhelming at times but this time it really broke me I barley want to get out of bed. I constantly help others in my family but no one ever ask me if I need help. I just want me time and not just a day or two I need time for me.
I have found that even if I can get 5 or 10 minutes to sit with a cup of tea and my thoughts it can help the rest of the day. I actually recently read some research that said taking breaks during the day to relax even for 5 to 10 minutes can reduce stress. I think when we know our spouse it about to leave, the stress starts mounting before they go. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI can't say I understand the stress of your spouse leaving but I was married to an alcoholic for seven years and it was shear hell. So I feel for and I'm sorry to hear that you and your family have are suffering through that. As for your stress, I hear that girlie I have days were I swear I have super glue on my butt and it's physically impossiblbe to get out of bed. But I have to fight it for my kids, they need us. Nobody else is going to do it for them but Mommy and this sucks somethings....As a single mom, I ask myself sometimes, how does he get off so easy? But then I think, it can't be easy missing your kids grow up can it? But that's not my choice so be it!! Take a few minutes each day for yourself, take a longer shower at night maybe, take a walk while your sis watches the kids maybe just some ideas idk? These are things my gf's make me do to destress...I hope they help, good luck girlie!!
ReplyDelete-Candi
Taking care of your teen sister is very difficult. A few years ago I had custody of my 16 year old sister and boy did we clash! We were the best of friends until I was her guardian. My suggestion, have a heart to heary with your sister. Ask her for help around the house and at the end of the...bubble bath! Just relax and destress. Yoga helps too. Even just 5 minutes a day of deep, relaxing breaths makes life easier to deal with.
ReplyDeleteHello,
ReplyDeleteWhat deployment number is this for you? Is your husband doing the training for that? I understand that it gets very hard around this time especially since there is only one month left until his deployment. The detachment and coping with being all by yourself for that long is very nerve wracking. We military families have a great support system though as long as you have the right group of friends they will take care of you. I understand you must feel bogged down, strapped down and at wits end. It will get better and easier. I am sorry you have so much to deal with right now, and I think the advice on talking to your sister and telling her she has to help more is great. Life has dealt you both a harsh card, but it is just that life and in order for things to work out everyone has to communicate. I am a Quantico right now, Where are you? My email is kyrie_coger@yahoo.com, and I am always here to listen. I hope you can get some alone time and relax a little. Maybe you could get a sitter for a couple of hours and go to the movies and dinner or something. Have a great week.
K