Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wow Week 6

Wow cant believe we are in week 6 already this is where things start to get complicated well for me at least. I am having so much trouble trying to get my paper together. I sat here for hours today writing, writing and writing I am just having trouble trying to pull it together. I know I will get it done but man I am tired of doing this paper. My topic is NCLB it is a boring read already, well some of it is interesting I am mainly focusing on the standardized testing in schools so its not as bad. I was so confused on the post outline I thought it was suppose to be a regular outline but I learned in class it wasn't I mean I guess its better then doing a regular outline. I didn't even know there where different outlines to tell you the truth but like they say you learn something new everyday!

7 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I can't believe that it has been six weeks either. The yellow is really intense and I think I may need my glasses to focus. The post outline is a great way to see where your post is going. What parts have you found interesting?

    James Sposkoski

    ReplyDelete
  2. I classmate I love what you have done to the place :) . This is nice I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello James,

    Sorry about the color I will tone it down next time..lol Actually I am starting to find the whole standardized assessment information very interesting now. I am against these test to a certain point an that when standardize test become high-stakes test what I mean is the states use these test to determine graduation/grade promoting, funding and etc. Instead of using their report cards. A kid can go all year with A's then be kept back because he/she failed the assessment I think that is bull..excuse my language but it erks my nerves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sheila,

    Just take a deep breath and you will do just fine one your paper. No I'm not saying that because i have my almost done. LOL Ok well just my rough draft is done. I still have some more research to do for my final paper.

    I will be so glad when I am done with this paper too. I am just tired of all of the writing. If you need for me anything I'm just a phone call away. And don't forget to email me your draft. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am the worst writer. It seems that all is do is write, and I can never quite get everything in the right order. It seems so complicated. Also, I am a huge procrastinator so you can imagine the stress that I am under right now! Good luck finishing your rough draft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    I know how you feel. I took the FCAT Florida Comprhensive Assessment Test and if you failed it you were held back. It is not very fair. There are a lot of reasons for what school systems do. I think that if they are going to use a test to scale a school go with their grades or SAT, but this usually leads to teachers fudging grades now that their job is on the line. I think the SAT or ACT worked well for placements. Students would also be able to use these for college and it is already an established test. No more reinventing the wheel. It is already made for the schools.

    James Sposkoski

    ReplyDelete