So here we are in our third week already and I was ready to call it quits. I had so much going on in the past few days I could barely focus on the task at hand which was my school work but I am back on track now thanks to a poem that my first term teacher Mrs. Alexander ( she teaches academic stratigies) gave me. Its very inspirational and whenever I feel stressed or want to quit I sit and read it. So with that being said I would like to share it with my classmates and I hope you guys as much as it helps me!!!!
This Poem is called "Don't Quit" by Anonymous Person
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is a queer with it's twist and turns,
As everyone of us sometimes learns,
And many a faliure turns about
When they might have won, had they stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow,
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit!
Hi Shelia,
ReplyDeleteI remember this poem very well. I will read it when I get down and think I can take anymore. It is hard going to school, taking care of a family and also being a military wife. But we are one of the strong ones. Marine wives don't ever quit. We don't have that in our blood.
Hello Rachel,
ReplyDeleteMrs.Alexander from Academic Strategies gave it to me. I know you remember I posted it in Medical Terminology at the end of the term. I love this poem it really helps me and I am glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog i really appreciate it!
Thanks for the poem. I like how you told us what you were featuring on your blog.
ReplyDeleteThank you Professor Pickle I am glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDelete